Saturday, December 3, 2011

Beautiful Brits

Today I will talking about two of my absolute favorites from over the pond. Ellie Goulding and Katy B. We'll start out with Ms. Goulding.

Now, you may or may not have heard of her. She is starting to make her mark in America while she has already been HUGELY successful in England and overseas. For example, she was asked to sing at The Royal Wedding. That tells you how much of a following she has in England. Now as for here in America, she is slowly starting to gain a following, for example, the more I watch MTV hits and channels such as that.... The more I see her---which tells me she probably is going to be the next big thing. This beautiful young lady has an album out right now called Lights; which is truly wonderful. Every song is different in it's own way. I'm going to show you two different videos of her so you can see just how talented this lovely Brit is.

The first is called "Lights" this electronic song will have you not only dancing but will also be stuck in your head all day. This is probably one of my favorite songs off the album...and if you are into dubstep. There is also a dubstep version of it (which you can find via youtube or buy off Itunes) that is..well off the chain. Really no other way of putting it.

"Starry Eyed" is a catchy song but what I really love about this song is the lyrics. The fact that everyone has something in them that makes them special. Trust me, it won't be long before you'll be hearing this on the radio. :)

My next beautiful Brit is Katy B. Now she hasn't exactly made her way over to America yet but I really love her music and I think she has the potential to become very successful over here. And I hope she does! Her lyrics are amazing and honest while the music is danceable (I know that's not a word---but that's what it is) and fun. Below are two of my favorites by her.

This song is called "Broken Record" and is my favorite song off the album. Why you ask? Because whether male or female---everyone can relate to liking someone so much that you dream about them and you think about them like a......broken record.

Now this is "Easy Please Me" and I honestly just think this is a fun song, Especially if you are a girl. A girl who is independent. But while it is also catchy; the lyrics are once again fantastic.

I could go on and on about these two ladies and why they're so great. But really, as I've said before, I like to let the music speak for itself. I am merely just putting it out there for you to listen to. Other Beautiful Brits you may want to check out: Florence and the Machine, (which I'm sure you already know of) Kimbra,  \and Kate Nash. Merely just a few.

Until next time. Take care.

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment